The Real World ... Blogger Style: AMYJO

Saturday, July 01, 2006

AMYJO

AmyJo is a vagabond in the truest sense of the word. Her parents divorced when she was young and after AmyJo's mother got a civil service job with the federal government in the foreign service AmyJo and her two sisters grew up all over the world. Some of the stops she has made along the way include Turkey, Australia, Okinawa, and Korea, I think. Somehow AmyJo ended up attending college at the University of Indiana where she earned some kind of degree in literature or fine arts, or both. After graduating from IU she earned a writing grant from the University of Texas in Austin Texas. According to AmyJo she partied the three years away, but she did manage to compile a book full of short stories, one of which has been published.

Here's the deal, I could tell you all the goofy and funny things that happen to AmyJo, but she might get pissed off at me, or I could tell you all the things about her that make her so special to me, but you'd all just roll your eyes and tell me to get a room, so I'll do neither.

AmyJo likes books, music, the natural look, using ten words when one word would do, and catching poison oak every other week.

Hopefully one day AmyJo will find the contentment and happiness that Hotei, one of her Buddhist inspirations, possesses.