The Real World ... Blogger Style: Post Conference Report

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Post Conference Report

Our state's L1brar1an conference took place in Long Beach this weekend -

The LBC viewed from the steps of the convention center.

And look at all this free promotional loot I got from the vendor's exhibition hall -

[ Click to view larger image. ]

I now have a shitload of free promotional pens, some of which light up. I think I'll have to make up a "Virtual L1brarian Conference" kit and mail it to Boz. There is no way I can ever use all these pens.

The highlight for me was hearing the delightful Ms. Lee Curtis speak. She came across as a very down-to-earth lady, which was an unexpected surprise. I was so close, I could have groped her if I wanted to.

JLC in the LBC.
"There aren't any kids here"?
"So I can swear"?

Then there was Craig from Craigslist, who was promoting wrist awareness with his Stephen Colbert Wrist Stong bracelet -

Craig's Wrist.

Oh! And during a lull on Saturday afternoon, we wandered over to the Long Beach Aquarium and watched divers carve pumpkins under water -

Underwater Pumpkin Carving.

Pretty cool for a conference.

Labels: , , , , , ,