The Real World ... Blogger Style: A Barely Adequate Solution

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Barely Adequate Solution

The IHOP in Orange has this sign posted in the men's room stall:


The text reads:

Please Don't Throw
Paper In Toilet
Thank You


Before I could wonder where I was supposed to throw my toilet paper, I looked down and saw this thoughtfully provided receptacle:


I decided to just not use the toilet at all.

When I returned nearly two months later, the sign and receptacle were still there.

I just thought that's kind of a cheap fix for a business trying to overcome a plumbing problem. Especially in a financially upscale OC community.

Congratulations on your penny pinching, IHOP! Why hire a plumber when you can just ask your patrons to throw their toilet paper in a bucket?

Labels: , , , ,