The Real World ... Blogger Style: So, what's going on with you?

Saturday, November 11, 2006

So, what's going on with you?

The supermarket that closed down in July re-opened today under new ownership.
They had some good sales that I took advantage of.
2% Milk for $1.88 a gallon.
Campbell's Cream of Broccoli, Chicken, or Celery, with the pull tab top for 58 cents a can.
Frozen vegetables, including cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, peas, or mixed vegetables 79 cents for a 16 ounce bag.
They also have a 99 cent aisle and a lot of other good stuff which I really didn't scope out too much tonight because I really only went there to get milk.

I ordered my thanksgiving dinner from the other supermarket today.
For $29.99 you get the Thanksgiving Dinner Classic, which includes a 10-12 lb Butterball Turkey and a choice of 4 side dishes.
The side dishes I picked were:
Mashed potatoes
Dressing
Candied Yams
and
Dinner rolls
I could have gotten the Thanksgiving Dinner Supreme for $39.99 which included two extra side dishes, that's it, for ten dollars more you get two freakin' extra side dishes, which means you're paying five dollars each per extra side dish!
The side dishes I didn't pick and the reason(s) why included:
Gravy (you can buy a can of turkey gravy for 69 cents)
Cranberry sauce (you can also buy a can of cranberry sauce, jelly or berry for 69 cents)
Apple or Pumpkin pie (I already bought 2 Sara Lee Pumpkin and 2 Sara Lee Apple Pies, and they only cost like $1.79 each)
And
Green bean casserole (yuck)

More stuff is going on with me, but that's it for now ...

Oh, the Rite-Aid drugstore had Halloween candy for 75% off, which means they didn't have a real good selection, but I did get an 11 ounce bag of Reeses's Peanut Butter Cups marked down from $3.39 to 84 cents.

Oh, and I've lost 5 pounds in two weeks on my diet.