The Real World ... Blogger Style: Updates 'R' Us

Friday, April 07, 2006

Updates 'R' Us

I'm just a little confused...
In 1989 when I enrolled at ITT Tech (my alma mater) I got state funding through an agency called Vocational Rehabilitation, aka Voc Rehab. They paid for my books, all schooling not covered by loans, and mileage to and from school. In other words, I was getting LOTS of help to get an education.

Here it is, 15 years later, I called and put myself back into the system, and I found out yesterday I'm not getting any help from this agency. WHY??? Apparently they have different standards, and I'm not in the criteria anymore. So I'm going to go grovel to another group that says they can help me.

What I don't understand is why these companies (espcially ones that pull wire, terminate it, and install equipment,) don't want to hire me. Is it really the eye looking bad, have I got a bad reputation, or is it that they think I'm a well driller's tool bitch and only a tool bitch now?? I can't fucking stand it!! I've changed my resume, my cover letter, I've gotten my info on 2 online sites and all I get is Army National Guard recruiters calling (from the same office, mind you; I've told them every time that I'm disabled and over 30 and that never stops them.)

I'm not liking my future here kids.
It's really getting down to what I will do over what I won't do, but with the eye I can't do factory jobs, and machine maintenance is not an option (I never learned it in tech school...and I still don't want to.)


Just venting steam here.
No reply is necessary. I'm just going to rip down a basement wall now with my teeth.