The Real World ... Blogger Style: Juan Bodley's State of the Eyeball...

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Juan Bodley's State of the Eyeball...

Well, friends, and AmyJo too, this is a "status report" on the life of JohnnyC.

I went to see a surgeon last Friday about taking my gallbladder out...without insurance I'm looking at over 10 grand to pay for it so I said "pass." The little bugger is staying put for now. That doesn't mean it couldn't flare up again so I have to watch the diet and maybe get out and do things. There's a park one mile from my house that has a par 3 golf course and an excellent bike trail (I have a 21 speed with shocks so maybe I can bounce the stones out.)

And as for my career development: In Indiana we have a state program called Vocational Rehabilitation, that helps people like me (with disabilities) get jobs and schooling with monetary help for tuition, mileage to/from school, books and the like. I have a call in to a counselor and very soon I'll be having a meeting with this guy to see where we go from here. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to use this to get into our state college (Ivy Tech is now a community college where credits transfer to other schools like IU, Purdue, and IPFW; and Ivy Tech's campus is only 2 1/2 miles from my door so I'm right there.) I'm going in with an open mind and positive thoughts so if you will light a stink bomb in positive favor and throw it in the direction of Indiana I'd appreciate it!!

AmyJo, my door is always open for you, darling. Come here instead of the casbah and we'll rock the foundation with sugary foods, caffieine-free beverages, and Friday trips to Goodwill. Forget the nunnery; come to the Juan Bod-lery!!

Peace ya'll.