The Real World ... Blogger Style: Time for a new notebook

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Time for a new notebook

As some of you RW...BS regulars know, I don't have home access to my blog and to RW. So when I come up with an idea for an entry I write the basis of it into a notebook and then scribe it to the blog later. The notebook is a 3 ring binder with clear covers to put pictures or labels into, and mine has finally broken. The pics on the cover I came up with while I was in technical school, and I've used it on several jobs for notes, drawings, time cards, writing instructions for theater systems I've installed, you get it.
So I need a new book, the cover won't change.



<--- This one is my tribute to Edward Van Halen. The guitar is familiar, the hands working magic on the fretboard. Amongst the pics on the cover are Bloom County cartoons from the "Deathtongue" episodes. And lest we forget Randy Rhoads, the man who played with Ozzy on the Blizzard of Ozz album and died in 1982. Great axmen.

Welcome to the back cover, good day. Open a 2-4 and enjoy. Take off!!

<---This one is well stocked with artistes, I must say. (The Q95 magnet probably won't stay when this goes into the next book...I put it there after getting it at a Van Halen concert in 1991. This one features Metallica, Ozzy, Alice Cooper (for Jonnie,) Steve Vai (he's the one giving Alice the look,) and most important the Anthrax hologram!! I have another one...they come in one of their albums (I don't remember which one...)

So now you know where the inspiration for some of my entries start (and sometimes stay...) Which is a good thing eh??