The Real World ... Blogger Style: That's No TV George,...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

That's No TV George,...

I guess this'll be Post About A Really Awkward Moment day.
Me first.

So my girlfriend's grandmother is a lady who is too old to be shy about things. At any time and in any place she'll tell her present company who is an asshole and what itches. Well, last night she expressed an interest in 'Teenagers 101' as she put it, which I thought would be questions about drinking, college, and romance. Well, I was sort of 1 for 3 when, out of nowhere, she asked this question:

'So how about that telephone sex?'

She asked this not only in the car ride to my girlfriend's house but again over dinner. A dinner at which her father would be dining. A man, by default, I have to fear just because he's my girlfriend's father.

So after the grandma inquired about our phone boning, my girlfriend and I just sort of looked at the ceiling and asked if someone could pass the turkey and/or mashed potatoes.

Thanks again, Life.