The Real World ... Blogger Style: CANDY CORN!?

Monday, September 26, 2005

CANDY CORN!?


So Jones Soda has done something, umm, interesting in the way of Halloween themed liquid death. "Candy Corn" flavored soda. I do understand that it's a characteristic of Halloween to be unappealing, and gross. But why? When I first opened the can I was instantly reminded of Apocalypse Now. Don't ask me why. There seems to be a collective similarity between the image of cows being slaughtered, men getting beheaded, the swealtering mosquito infested bowels of Vietnam and Candy Corn flavored Jones Soda. I don't know what's worse, the fact that they actually went out of their way to harness the flavor of Candy Corn or the fact that IT TASTES EXACTLY LIKE CANDY CORN.

Try if you like candy corn. Don't try it if you don't want to personally reserve your own seat in hell.