The Real World ... Blogger Style: The good and the bad

Friday, April 29, 2005

The good and the bad

The bad.

I am in need of a virtual hug, something has got me really pissed off.. i get really frazzled over issues concerned with finances and money and something has REALLY pissed me off, i am suffering from rage here.. i never get really angry.
To find out why you will have to visit my blog and read the story about the internet shortage of 2005. I cant recount it here because just thinking about it makes my stomach churn and this is my happy place. I'll just say that i do not feel like i have recieved very good customer service. GRRRRR! (seriously.. im really angry and the fact that this stupid thing gets me angry and frustrated makes me even angrier!!!!!!! <--- see!) ............ Please leave nice comments.. tell me hair smells nice.... or that im just wonderful.. i need it.

The good.
I had a post planned about my nice year 8 class... but im so angry im not feeling so chirpy about it anymore.. *sigh* ill try anyway. I have a nice year 8 geography class and i have been teaching them all about globalisation and TNCs such as Nike and McDonalds ,sweatshops, NGOs, trade and Aid ... interesting and real world stuff.. the sort of geography that i like. And i set a task for them to do that involved them doing a little research and writing a letter to the editor of a newspaper discussing issues concerned with TNCs such as sweatshops, poor working conditions, environmentally unsustainable practices, unethical behaviour, cruelty to animals and so on... and they are all sooooo cute. Most of them have written about KFC, Disney and Adidas.

...... Dear Ed, i am a big kangaroo lover and it is said that Adidas is the largest predator of kangaroos.... Brands like adidas and nike are depending on animal cruelty to make big bucks.. what are they thinking??....

.... the amount of trees that are needed to be destroyed for KFC packaging but they are not taking any action to even try and plant any new trees, and without trees we are putting our own lives at risk.....

.... Most KFC customers will expect animals to be humanely treated, even if it adds a few cents per meal....

.. i think KFC is acting immorally in the areas of animal cruelty and working conditions...



I am the best teacher in the world.