The Real World ... Blogger Style: The RW ... BS chain letter, let's get it on!!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The RW ... BS chain letter, let's get it on!!!

A repost of the original outline for the chain letter and a few added extra thoughts.

I thought for the next group activity a form of chain letter would be cool.
It is strictly voluntary, and here is how it would work.
It would start out with me.
I would write a few lines, maybe add a little artwork, a poem, stickers, whatever.
There would be a list of those taking part. I would send it to one of the names on the list.
When that person received the letter they would cross their name off the list, add a few lines, a little artwork, a poem, stickers, whatever. They would then mail it someone else on the list, it would not have to be the next person on the list, just anyone they wanted to send it to.
That person would then cross their name off the list ... etc, etc, etc.
This would continue until the last person received the letter. When they had written their few lines, did their artwork, wrote their poem, added their stickers, whatever they would mail the letter back to me. I would scan it, and post it, and if anyone were interested we could have a drawing or whatever and I would send the winner the original letter for them to keep forever and ever and ever.
I thought this would be a cool idea, because it would only cost the price of a stamp, which would make it a lot easier on our German and Australian house members, and it would just take a few minutes to complete.
If you didn't know the mailing address of the person you were sending the letter to, you could email me for their address.

Additions
1. Participation by your spouse, your children or child, or your sig other is encouraged.
2. I thought it would be cool if when you sent your letter out you put a little something in it as a little keepsake for the person you were sending it too. Nothing big, nothing you bought, just something laying around your office, like a business card, a paper clip, or if you were at home, I don't know, maybe something you found under the cushion of the couch. Nothing that would add any weight to the letter, just a little something.
3. Jonnie can't send his letter to Sandra, and Sandra can't send her letter to Jonnie, that would be just too cute, and I still don't know how they wound up as each others baby jesus for XIJIF.

Anyway, that's it.
I will be sending the letter out tonight, and believe it or not, I still don't know who I am going to send it to, I've changed my mind at least for times.

UPDATE
Dvl asks ...
wait, is it a chain letter or is it more like a journal that we're mailing around to each other to fill a page or two each with our own stuff before sending it off?
with love,
troublemaker


I reply ...
It's one letter that you add your stuff on to and then forward it.
I've started it off with three pages of stationary, that you can write on both sides of, and if more paper is needed, just add it.
with exasperation
problem solver



OH YEAH

When you receive the letter make a post about it, scan it, photograph it, audioblog it, whatever, just don't tell who you are sending it to, but you can tell who you received it from.
And are we getting too many rules???
LET'S ROCK
I love to talk like that.