The Real World ... Blogger Style: Guidelines for XIJIF gift exchange

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Guidelines for XIJIF gift exchange

Ok, I'm half asleep so bare with me here.

I have drawn the names for everyone and will be sending emails out tonight informing you of who you will be secret santa for, and I will also be requesting your mailing address, which could be your home address, your work address, or a post office box, anything so we can make sure your gift is delivered.

The names will remain secret, which means that you will not know who drew your name until you receive your package.

XIJIF will be celebrated on February 25, 2005, so make sure you allow enough cushion for the package to arrive on time.

The price limit on your present should be ten american dollars give or take a few. I'm not sure what that is in Aussie dollars, or Euros. Rosa and Sandra can figure that out for themselves.

It would be nice if when you open your package on Xmas day if you made an audio, or video post of it, or at least take some pics of what you received.

Some suggestions on gift buying.
You could buy one gift for ten dollars.
Or a couple of gifts for five a piece.
Or you could do what a few of did last year for Xmas in June, you could go crazy at the dollar store. Of course, I don't think dvl has ever been within 500 feet of a Dollar Store, but that is neither here nor there, it's just a dig.

The main purpose is to have fun, and not sweat the small stuff.

It is also acceptable to leave hints for what you would like, as Nancy and Marci have already done, but wanting it and wishing for it doesn't make it so.

One last thing, the only person who will be getting your mailing address besides me is your secret santa, and I will not be sending out the mailing addresses until I have received all ten of your mailing addresses, this is to discourage slackers. ::cough cough belle cough cough::
I already have dvl's, Jonnies, Sandra's and Rosa's mailing addresses, so they do not have to include them when they respond to my original email.

Blah, blah, blah.

I guess that is it. If I have left anything out, or you have further questions, you can leave a comment or drop me an email, or mention it on the zonk.

Tada!!!