The Real World ... Blogger Style: K-6 The Rundown

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

K-6 The Rundown

Kindergarten-Ms. Pero: told me she'd write my Y's up and down my arm if I didn't learn to stop doing them backwards
1st grade-Ms. Jackson and Ms. Weatherly: Don't remember anything special about them, but the water from the sink tasted the best in their class.
2nd grade-Ms. Lang: Wouldn't let kids go to the bathroom. Derek Kelley threw up on her. Taught us about Helen Keller, which was cool.
3rd grade-Mrs. McClellan: She was very annoying.. Thought she could rule the world. She was wrong.
4th grade-Ms. Metz: The woman to which I owe my mathematical skills. Always had some sort of fun project up her sleeve (such as selling popcorn to kids on the playground outside our classroom window)
5th grade-Ms. Watters: Had the most perfect handwriting in the world.. she could write in a perfectly straight line on the chalk board, with no lines to follow!
6th grade-This is unfair, because in FL by the time we get to this grade, it's considered middle school and we have a different teacher for each subject.

Grades 1st-5th I spent in the "mini-school" which was one building, opened on the inside. So there were no walls dividing the classes. Organized chaos. It was great.