The Real World ... Blogger Style: Undercover Shriner

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Undercover Shriner

I've been buying Avengers back issues on eBay for about a week now.

Encouraged by the abundant comic book auctions, I decided to explore uncharted territory this weekend and I came back with almost everything I will ever need for going undercover as a Shriner:

1. Authentic Shriner fez -


From the Islam Temple in San Francisco.


2. Set of 2 commemorative towels from a Shriner golf outing -


Text reads, "Lu Lu Shriners Annual Golf Outing".


3. Authentic signed Shriner membership card -


From 1957.


All for less than $15.00

I couldn't be more pleased with eBay.

I didn't post this earlier because I didn't want anybody to bid against me.

Addendum I: I thought it would be funny to mail the fez around to all blog members so they could get a photo in it for the sidebar icons, but considering the level of participation lately, I don't think I would ever see the fez again.

Addendum II: The name and signature on the Shriner card belong to a Mr. Frank Henry, so if you notice a Shriner answering to the name "Frank" or "Mr. Henry", it is probably me.

Labels: