The Real World ... Blogger Style: Juan Bodley, Bootlegger...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Juan Bodley, Bootlegger...

I'm trying to stretch my technical boundaries today...I've got 3 DVDs I'm going to try and burn just the audio off of them for my own in-car, in-ear rock and roll experience. The discs are:

Metallica's Cunning Stunts
Van Halen's Live Without A Net (featuring a blistering solo on "5150"-Eddie at his best echoplex)
Stevie Ray Vaughn's Live At Austin Texas (the 2 times he was on the PBS show Austin City Limits...his takes on his own "Texas Flood" and Jimi's "Voodoo Chile" still make me shiver)

If I'm successful I'll be smiling for a week. If not I've wasted CDs on useless endeavors. Updates will follow. Bootlegs may also appear at your local Goodwill...keep an eye out for them.