The Real World ... Blogger Style: Idols (we've all got them...)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Idols (we've all got them...)


To the left is the GOD of METAL that is Jaymz "Don't Fuck With Me" Hetfield, the genius of the Metallica sound.
As a young lad I envisioned myself becoming the catcher for the Cincinnati Reds, taking the place of the Hall of Famer Johnny Bench, a man I idolized for apparently no real reason except that his name was Johnny.
Fast forward to 1985 and I meet another Jonnie, our own RLB. He and others introduce me to the chipper sounds of a San Fransisco metal rage known as Metallica!! and my focus changed forever (as did the playlist on 91.5FM WJHS, where I ruled the airwaves oh so many years ago.)

Now all I really want is the guitar Jaymz has there, the ESP edition of the classic Gibson Explorer design. Or a Flying V.