The Real World ... Blogger Style: 70s radio...it's back!!! Run To The Hills!!

Friday, February 03, 2006

70s radio...it's back!!! Run To The Hills!!

There's a radio station here in Fort Wayne (really it's licensed to Columbia City...I'm probably the ONLY person who cares about that fact..) on 106.3 that has an all 70s format. I've been listening off and on for the past month and I've realized that, even though I've heard these songs since I was 4 or 5, they're all SHAGGIN' songs!!! I had NO FUCKING CLUE!! Afternoon Delight??? Sure, if the lady wants to!!! Where is she??
I hear a lot of these songs and I have flashbacks to long car rides to Chicago to get my eye worked on (just an oil change and tune up please...check the belts and hoses too while you're there.) Ah the beautiful fidelity of a factory AM radio crankin' out Styx' Lady or maybe something by Carole King, Carly Simon, or even Neil Sedaka or Barry Manilow...Manilow Blows!!! There I said it!!! HEAR IT AGAIN: MANILOW BLOWS!! But the Bee Gees are OK. How about Paper Lace?? Remember The Night Chicago Died?? Remember that one?? I SURE AS HELL DO!!!
Kill me now please...