The Real World ... Blogger Style: Cyclops the hood ornament

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Cyclops the hood ornament

To satisfy Sandra's "lust for knowledge" I will tell another tale of things el stupido that I have done. Although this doesn't involve Jonnie directly he knows the tale and will concur under oath.
In my junior year of high school I was raising mirth around the shire with a young man only known to you as "The Asshole," aka Kevin. Kevin, my sister Jennifer, and I had stopped on our way from Fort Wayne to Columbia City at the Arcola rest area on US30, where there was a family with some teenage daughters. On a dare I did a juvenile thing and grabbed some buttock on one young lady and then ran to Kevin's car, where they had locked me out. Wanting a quick getaway, I jumped on the hood and told Kevin to drive, which he did. Except he didn't stop until a quarter mile down the highway!! So I was for a short time an actual hood ornament.
Knowing now what I do about the construction of my skull, I would have died instantly if I had fallen, so I was lucky. Don't try this at home; it's been done.