The Real World ... Blogger Style: Addictions

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Addictions

Sandra is trying to overcome a nasal spray addiction so I thought it might be a good idea to tell her about addictions we have overcome as a show of support, and to show that it can be done.
1. Cigarettes - I started smoking when I was seventeen and smoked for twenty years. By the time I quit in 1987 I was smoking about two and a half packs a day. I quit cold turkey and within days I was feeling the benefits.
2. Rolaids stomach antacid - I started using them in 1971 during the first stages of my anxiety period. I always had them with me wherever I went, and it wasn't unusual for me to go through three rolls a day, popping them in my mouth one right after another. I never actually tried to quit them, but sometime during the early 90's I just started tapering off, and now, even though I have a bottle of berry flavored Tums in my nightstand, I very rarely use them.

Now if I could only get rid of my caffeine from diet Coke and diet Pepsi addiction ...