The Real World ... Blogger Style: At One Time I only liked the Frosting, At Another Time I Only Liked the Cake

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

At One Time I only liked the Frosting, At Another Time I Only Liked the Cake

That about says it all, doesn't it?

Actually, I always liked both, both cake and frosting, but they have to be the right combination, the frosting can't be too sweet and the cake can't be too dry because if one or the other is off, you have to seperate them, prefer one over the other. But if the frosting is right and the cake is right then there is no cake, there is no icing, there's just an empty plate, a fork greased with frosting, a few crumbs, and a very happy person getting a glass of milk.

I never understood the phrase "having your cake and eating it too"
I always thought, duh, of course it is possible, it's inevitable. You have the cake, you eat it. Where's the paradox. It's all just deliciousness, why complicate it?
I have my cake. I am eating it. Yum.

Everyone has a cake ritual. I like layer cake, because you can be archeological.I lay the slice on its side, start with the dry bottom layer, eat that, eat the frosting, then eat the next layer. When I get to the top layer of frosting I turn it flat and eat it starting from the little tip of the triangle to the base. I cannot eat cake any other way. If you try to stop me, you will fail. Cake must be dissected and savored. I make it last as long as possible. Usually with a book in one hand. And either very late at night or first thing in the morning. Don't come between me and my cake. Ever.

Cake has saved me from the grave more times than I can count.
Cake, it's GOOD.