The Real World ... Blogger Style: Saddest words of tongue or pen XI

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Saddest words of tongue or pen XI

Number 11:
My monk. I am considering it.
It wouldn't be a stylish marriage. He can't afford a carriage. But I'd look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

He kidnaps abused dogs and gives them to battered women.
He once saved a duck that was covered in engine oil by jumping in and out of moving cars and hitching a ride to the vet.
Crazy people stop and talk to him and he soothes them.
He has eyelashes like a girl. Sometimes I think he is belligerently naive. Sometimes I think he is from another planet. Sometimes I think he's insane. Sometimes I think I am lucky.

He is peeling back the vulcanized rubber around my heart. I didn't believe anyone could, or would ever again. He is big enough to forgive my past (his own is worse! haha! thank god). He permits my inconsistencies and my edges. He embraces them.
I fought him so hard. I still fight him. He is even more stubborn than I am.

Maybe I'm just another duck to him. A crazy abandoned dog. A toothless wino begging a smoke.
That'd be ok.

soundtrack:
dancing in our underwear and boots like superheroes to the Clash