The Real World ... Blogger Style: spit on me for luck

Friday, October 08, 2004

spit on me for luck

I had a seagull shit on me once. It was a faucet-blast of white, sticky, fish-smelling goo. Those are big birds, and when they take a dump, they don't fuck around. It's really hard to get seagull shit out of hair and clothing, and you walk around smelling like a mermaid's backdoor for days. This coming weekend promises to be a similar experience. Tomorrow I take the GREs and also have a showdown with my father who is coming to town specially to confront me about long-buried family dysfunctions. I get to meet him directly after the test and won't it be grand? I hope to divert his ire by taking him to a Dame Edna concert but I have a feeling it's not going to do it. It might even exacerbate things. I haven't been studying for the GRE properly because of my deep ambivalence and resentment toward the evil powers at ETS (money grubbing masterminds, are they Masons or what?) and about grad. school in general. And I have had a Faith No More song stuck in my head for the last two days.
So spit on me for luck, I need all the help I can get.
-Amy-Job