The Real World ... Blogger Style: Kleenex says: bless you

Monday, September 27, 2004

Kleenex says: bless you

I was studying for the GRE and I discovered something: I can no longer do basic math.
My brain refuses. Literally. I sat there looking at problems and I felt this...lacuna where the math used to be (my vocabulary is still there). Everything goes black. I think my brain joined a union and decided, unbeknownst to me, that part of its new package would be: no math. I need to call in a scab to break the strike.

I think that this generation may be the first to go prematurely senile from data overload. If arbiters of the GRE asked me to sing all the words to a Diet Coke commercial circa 1986, I could do it. Also all the words to an ad for Australian margerine (Mrs. MacGregor's, 1987). But algebra? Basic geometry? Who are they kidding? I guess I've reached my saturation point. I know there's a science term for that, but I can't remember.

Just for the thrill of it!