The Real World ... Blogger Style: all liquored up and noplace to go

Friday, September 10, 2004

all liquored up and noplace to go

It has been unnaturally hot in SF so yesterday I went nuts and made an ungodly amount of sangria in one of those huge jars you see in Mexican restaurants. I must have blown fifty bucks to do it up right. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I assumed that the festive presence of the sangria would be its own merit. But no one in my house will drink it because they are either on diets, in love and already drunk, or not around and I can't possibly put it away all by myself (we're talking several gallons of wine). Or maybe I had a time-slip and believed I was still in college where the mere scent of alcohol creates a congregation. Perhaps I will serve it to the homeless or send it to Iraq. Anyone want some? If you had five gallons of sangria and no one to drink it with, what would you do?